Monday, January 24, 2011

Amendment Rights and Opinions....

Doc I appreciate your apology. Mud slinging comes with the territory but I will not sit silent when racial slurs of any type are put out there. As for me, as a blogger I will not allow my page to be used as a vehicle for other's to communicate their messages of negativity. They should do what you and I have done... write their own blog - stand on their on and in many instances stop hiding behind anonymous comments.

P.S.

I have received support for my work with the housing issues facing the state of NJ from some of the largest organizations in the state of NJ which includes the Builder’s Association and the legal community (because they feel the legislation that I am pushing will stand the court test) and the non-profit organizations who feel that NJ should not turn its back on the poor. I receive support because I am working to make certain that young couples have the opportunity to buy a home here in the state of NJ. I receive support because this legislation will also be a means for putting people back to work. I feel that in these last 12 months my record speaks for itself in regards to the support that I have received statewide. So, when reading comments from a handful of local haters, I choose to take the high road in ignoring them. When putting them all together there is not one thing that they can show that they have done for the people in the state of NJ or Plainfield. I voted to abolish the death penalty. I have supported legislation for women’s health care, I have supported the civil rights of the gay community, I am on record opposing racial profiling, and my record on affordable housing reform in our state speaks for itself. So it is comical when I read these comments; therefore I am going to take the high road and chalk it up to the fact that they don’t have a clue in the meantime I am waiting for one of them to show me the facts and the actions on what they have done. I have yet to see any of them testify or even show up at the Housing Committee hearings or any other type of hearings in Trenton nor has any one of them contacted me with ideas or suggestions for reform of any type.

I do not have to worry about respect because I have gained the respect of my colleagues from working in the Statehouse for over 19 years. Only in Plainfield do we have people that have done nothing and not offered nothing and to put it nicely are just plain jealous. God has blessed me with all the tools that a man needs to be successful in life, mother wit, common sense, and the ability to care for all people.

I would just like to make one comment in reference to a comment that I made about Rebecca Williams. Here is a woman that has not done anything other than charge a commission to the New Democrats for the work that she does when she helps them out with their campaigns. My comments regarding her not lasting 4 years is in reference to the public asking for a recall, most certainly not a threat to her life. So when I read the response comments, threatened is the last thing in the world that I feel.

For the record… last year Rebecca asked me to support her, I have never asked her to support me and have no intentions of asking for her support.

I must say that as an open advocate of gay rights, I have all of the respect in the world for the gay community and was honored with statewide recognition for my work on behalf of this community. So I ask Prof. Williams when has she openly and publically supported gay rights here in the City of Plainfield or in the State of NJ? I do not recall any dialogue on this issue from her during the last election year. Now a year later after I have gained the respect of elected officials around the state due to my work on affordable housing and other issues, she has the nerve to say that I am ineffective.

Rebecca someone must have hurt you really bad during your life but please, do not take it out on me.

No comments: