Friday, October 15, 2010

Clark Realtor's Day

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Superintendent Ken Knops in inviting Linda Stender and myself to Clark’s Realtor’s Day. As Chairman of Housing and Local Government, the majority of the realtors through the State have been in my committee on numerous occasions.

I have been very blessed in visiting Clark within these past few months. I believe the Realtor’s Day was a very important day for Clark because when people are looking to purchase a home, the first thing they want to know about is the school system, among other stats. With a program like today, Clark realtors were able to supply an abundance of information regarding Clark’s real estate market and town growth.

Now I see why Clark is regarded as ‘the place to live’ in the State of New Jersey. I have to specifically acknowledge the Superintendent, BOE and Mayor who worked together in terms of shared services. A prime example of such services is the athletic fields within the Township. They share the usage and ensure that everyone is fairly treated.

I would just like to share with you some of the information that I researched before I went to the meeting. So not only can I discuss education issues dealing with Trenton, but also be knowledgeable of exactly how the Clark school district operates. Their modes of operation, because of the student achievement, are results that parents are proud of.

Again, I thank the Mayor, Superintendent and BOE (and staff) for the warm welcome and reception, and in letting the public know how close we are working together as a team in moving Clark forward in the right direction. As clearly as I made it that I represent Clark in Trenton, they made their feelings of thanks and appreciation clear to me.


Clark Facts:


Education Rating (Arthur Johnson High School)-

Rated 8 out of 10 by the distinguished GreatSchools Rating System

-98% of the students pass the HSPA

-17 Advanced Placement courses administered at the High School

-Drop-Out Rate: 0%


Post Graduation Plans, Class of 2009

-4yr college/ University: 63.8%

-2yr college: 23.1%

-Other college: 5.5%

-Military: 0.7%

-Employment: 1.7%

-Uncdecided: 5.2%


Cost per pupil: $12,919


Foreclosures: Presently, there are 49 foreclosed homes in Clark Twp.


Real Estate Market: 92 properties for sale


Crime: Both violent and property crime rates are 4 on a scale from 1 (low) to 10 (high)

No comments: