Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Affordable Housing / Thoughts on the Day

First I would like to thank everyone for their support in helping me put together affordable housing legislation that I feel would go a long way in the future of housing in the State of New Jersey. I am now meeting with the Governor’s office as well as talking to the Senate, as well as the leadership within the Assembly, gathering their input on this issue. We will be having a hearing on this issue in the Assembly very soon.

If you have any questions, feel free to call my District Office at (908) 561-5757.

Yesterday, I happened to spend a lot of time within the Linden area dealing with political issues pertaining to the 22nd District. I was out of the office all day yesterday, so in reading today’s blog referencing a City employee meeting with me to discuss City business that was not true.

Today, I had an opportunity to meet with the State and leadership over at the BOE to discuss school construction. Therefore, I am hoping in the future that people take very serious what I am trying to accomplish. I have not been involved with the budget process. I have not been involved with the day-to-day operation of the City, which has become a circus and an embarrassment to the City of Plainfield.

So for someone to try to draw me into this circus, I feel very offended because one, as I previously stated, I was not in the office yesterday and two, I met with NO City employees. So today, I am going to keep my comments very simple.

You have a Council that has done nothing for the last nine months, and now, you want to accuse me of taking part in the decision-making process. I have been accused over the past eight years of being involved in local politics. The only thing I do locally help those running, get the vote out, which is my duty as local Chairman.

No comments: