Friday, June 25, 2010

The Public Statewide Stands Behind Asm. Green, Local Officials Call Him 'unethical'

I am happy to see that the Family Planning funds may be restored into the State budget, through working with Assemblywoman Linda Stender within our 22nd Legislative District. The Family Planning organization that manages the Plainfield branch has met with me on numerous occasions to share with me the countless services they offer within Plainfield.

It is unbelievable the services they render to poorer residents, teenagers, young adults and women. This fund has to be restored because it will have a major impact here in the City because of the vital services they offer. Without this funding, the community they service will be in a crisis.

They help to educate our growing community when it comes to making the right decisions. Again, this is not an issue City Council nor the Board of Education has stepped up to the plate and showed support. If anything, I have been accused of ‘mud-slinging, sharing misleading information, and being unethical.’ I wish those individuals who chose to paint me in that sort of picture would share with the public why they feel I am acting unethically while I am fighting for the young and vulnerable within my district.

I am very happy with the thousands of post cards I have received on these issues, coupled with the support of the public. I will continuously update you with these issues and also solicit your support on these issues, especially since I have not received help from local officials.

I have been accused of being a ‘boss’ and also of ‘moving the City in the wrong direction.’ These elected officials have stood by and allowed these untruths to go forth. I am now however, standing up letting the public know that I have NO influence over any elected official in this City. As party chair, my job is to get party candidates elected, period.

I am very proud with that fact that the elected officials in other towns within the 22nd District have been very supportive with the way I have dealt with the issues of the constituents within their towns. It is a rewarding feeling to embrace the support within the balance of my district. You do not hear the problems they are having with their Councils nor Boards of Education because they put their residents FIRST, and not their personal agendas. This is the problem however here in the City of Plainfield.

Ps

I will be supporting Governor Christie’s idea of moving the school board election to a time where more people will get involved. Just the mere fact that this past week, Plainfield’s Board of Education voted to bring back a firm that has been a part of the leadership team for the past three years. It is clear as day that this current Board of Education is sending the message of ‘business as usual’ governance.

When City resident Victor King was an attorney over at the BOE, his fee with about $100,000 a year. Within the last three years, our legal fee has been well over $1 million. You do the math!

No comments: