Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Thank You

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of the voters of the 22nd District for their support yesterday. While it was a bittersweet moment (as Governor Corzine was not re-elected) I look at this election as a wake up call for everyone, specifically the Government. It was obvious that the suburban communities were not happy with the status quo and I’ve heard their voice loud and clear. Moving forward I am prepared to work with Governor-elect Chris Christie in moving the State of New Jersey in the right direction in terms of taxes, economic development and jobs.

I would especially like to thank the voters here in the City of Plainfield for all they have done in helping in this victory. The support given as well as the effort put out for the local Democratic Party was something the City of Plainfield should be proud of.

Lastly, I would like to congratulate my two opponents Bo Vastine and Marty Marks for running a good campaign. I would especially like to thank Marty Marks, who was the first one to call me this morning and congratulate me. It is my intention to continue to work with Mr. Marks in making life better for all of the citizens in the 22nd District.

Again, to my district, I want to thank every one of you for giving me the opportunity to represent you for the next two years. I am humbled and honored to be able to serve as your Assemblyman of the 22nd District for another term. I will not let you down.

No comments: