Monday, November 16, 2009

Thank You 22nd District!!

After the election, I thank the voters of the 22nd Legislative District for all of your support. The Election Day operation I put together had well over 300 people participating in phone banks, canvassing, and working at the polls in order for our success to be accomplished. We won all but two districts within the City of Plainfield, those two being strong Republican districts.

My margin of victory is one I am very proud of. I do not feel the need to apologize for anything said or done during the campaign. I not only have extended my deepest gratitude towards the City of Plainfield, but just as importantly and vital have I extended my sincere thanks to the ENTIRE 22nd Legislative District. EVERY municipality within my district is just as important, vital, and needed as is the next.

I was born and raised in the Borough of Roselle, a block away from Linden, which spurred a healthy relationship in my younger years between the two municipalities. The same is true regarding my relationship with the City of Rahway, which I lived there for five years. These relationships with the latter cities within my district have yielded necessary votes for me in this past general election.

So today, I want to make it clear that I am thanking ALL who supported me in this past general election, and that I will continue to work hard fort ALL within the 22nd Legislative District, including those who did not support me, no matter the political affiliation. I believe that once election, you must put differences aside and work for the community, regardless of party lines.

Unfortunately, some bloggers do not see or understand this truth, and continue to write as if the campaign is still going on. I personally do not feel I have anything else to prove, with having over 30 years experience in politics. Considering the outcome of this year’s election, having lost a Democratic Governor, there are many towns within my district that are Independent and decided to vote Republican this election. This was not taken personally, wherein I want to thank them for exercising their right as US citizens, voicing their opinions and expressions. I just hope that they are prepared to work with my fellow Assembly members, State Senate, the Governor-Elect Chris Christie, and myself.

I hope that in the future, local bloggers can come up with ideas that can improve State government, a type of dialogue I would like to have as we move forward toward the future. A dialogue consisting of education remedies, taxes, quality of life issues, crime, and job creation/sustainment. Personal attacks do not help the community.

No comments: