Monday, May 11, 2009

Clarity in the Issues of Plainfield and the 22nd District

Over the weekend, I had an opportunity to read the different blogs posted, and I have been accused in the past for attacking people. However, I find it very amusing reading the comments criticizing me because they are so far from the truth. They are so far from the truth that I have no choice but to attempt to clarify the most blatant and relevant misconceptions and falsehoods that flooded the blogs by various bloggers.

The first issue was Muhlenberg Hospital. This is a very serious issue, and no one worked harder on the State level than I did in support of the hospital. To blame me for the closure of it is certainly one of the biggest jokes in New Jersey.

Secondly, I received a phone call from 4th ward council candidate Bridget Rivers saying that she did not invite the Mayor nor I to her 4th ward Meet-and-Greet. With that, for one blogger to write “the mayor was a no-show” is a CLEAR example of how this blogger tries to turn nothing into something. The vehicle they use to perpetuate such an action is misinformation resulting in lies.

Within Mr. Mapp’s blog, just about every other word was accusing me as being a liar. In his blog, he said that he is not running against me, but he is running against the mayor. He should then direct his comments toward his opponents, for I prefer not to even address his fruitless banter. I will not give credence to any of his platforms.

Reading the bios about the candidates in the Courier News, I noticed that Mr. Mapp failed to acknowledge the $100,000+ job that he has in the Borough of Roselle. He is one of the double-dippers that the people in New Jersey are talking about. Due to Mapp’s lack of fiscal managerial skills as Roselle’s Chief Financial Officer, a councilwoman from Roselle drafted a letter citing how the Roselle is not paying their bills on time, as well as Mr. Mapp’s arrogance and disrespect towards women. Yet Mr. Mapp is the same man who wants to pretend that he has the ability to govern and manage Plainfield.

So Mr. Mapp, make up your mind. If you want to run for mayor, run for mayor and discuss issues pertaining to such an office, as opposed to personally attacking me. I am not the type of person who will stand aside and allow such abuse.

My opponent for Assemblyperson, Mr. Rick Smiley, has a record as a city employee and an elected official that I do not even know where to begin. Here is a man that two years in a row, failed to hand in paperwork in time dealing with Plainfield’s Youth programs. Our children suffered from his mismanagement. Mr. Smiley was voted out of office as a School Board member because the City was dissatisfied with his performance. Here is a man that could not win his School Board election. This is why I refuse to give him any attention, because he has done not a thing conducive to the productivity of his local municipality. He was another do-nothing employee of the City that benefitted by being a Card-Carrying New Democrat.

On a positive note, Plainfield and the 22nd District are reaping the benefits of the fruitful working relationship I have developed on the State and Federal levels of government. These constructive relationships are shown through the Federal and State funding aid that is flowing into our District. We have received Federal and State funding for foreclosure and mortgage assistance, education, and crime prevention. Keeping these doors open are primary objectives of my Legislative agenda, objectives that I take seriously and continually execute.

Here is my challenge for Mr. Mapp and Mr. Smiley: What have the two done for the City of Plainfield since the election of President Barack Obama?

No comments: