Friday, January 16, 2009

Honesty is a Virtue

I feel that Dan Damon takes every opportunity to try to embarrass me or paint the picture that I am somehow breaking the law. I feel in his blog today, when he asks people to call my Legislative Office in reference to a political function; he is trying to encourage unlawful practices. My Legislative Office is used for ONLY Legislative business, and my Political Office is used for ONLY political business. Everyone knows that I do NOT permit my Legislative Office to be used for ANY political reasons, and to do so would be unbecoming of my character. This is not the first time Mr. Damon has gone to such lengths to make the public feel I have made illegal moves.

I take this very seriously and like all of the other gray areas that Dan Damon tries to fit me into, I will share this with the proper authorities. I want Mr. Damon to show or prove that I am using or have used my Legislative Office for political business, for in his blog, he is claiming just that. This city knows that I have a political office here, and they know that I have a phone number to that office, that is where I handle my political business.

Those individuals who worked tirelessly, diligently, and whole-hearted on the Obama Campaign felt that we built such a good relationship with the community, that they wanted to do something so that we can all come together and enjoy history in the making; hence the Inauguration Fundraising Ball. In the past, there have been non-profit functions that I have either supported or given loans to, just like this function. There is no profit from this event that will benefit Assemblyman Jerry Green. This fundraising event gives me a chance however to make donations to non-profits in my district. For example, donations to the Plainfield P.A.L and local area church organizations who help the needy.

In addition to Mr. Damon’s misguided and false information, his comment of ‘this event is free for city committee members’, is very misleading and incorrect. Not only have these city committee members worked day-in and day-out on the Obama Campaign, but they also helped sell the tickets for this event. Their time and effort they invested earned them the right to be treated fairly.

Within these last 3 years, Dan has gone to law enforcement agencies here in the State of New Jersey with these types of misleading endeavors, where he tries to pass off his ‘factual spin’ from his misguided reality of my operations, as truth. Not ONCE has anyone proven that I have done ANYTHING wrong or illegal. It is only a matter of time before Mr. Damon crosses the line. Once that line is crossed, I will no longer have to be worried about public perception, but then will have the tide changed that will have Mr. Damon worrying about the judge and jury judging him for the embarrassment and harassment he has caused both me and my family over the years. I take these comments very personally because over my lifetime, I have never been found guilty of any illegal dealings; therefore, I am not going to allow a person like Dan Damon to tarnish my reputation.

PS: Dan and his friends, I want to start the New Year off right. If you cannot speak anything nice about me, I would appreciate you keeping your negative and misleading comments to yourself, because with the new responsibility the Speaker of the General Assembly has given me dealing with health issues and housing issues here in New Jersey, I prefer not to spend my valuable time dealing with you and your friends’ negative approach to politics. I would prefer in the future to hire a lawyer to make those decisions for me. And when you do indeed cross the line, I will see you in court.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stick it to him!

You're doing a heckuva job Jerry, heckuva job.