Monday, October 27, 2014

Top 50 Most Powerful Elected Officials



After reading today’s blog, I want to thank all, as Chairman of the Union County party and the people of the City of Plainfield who have been very supportive me over the years. Being an elected official for over thirty years and never been accused or convicted of doing anything wrong, to me, that makes me proud. That I have been able to accomplish this. I showed the people of Union County, that not only as the Chairman for the party, I can be a person they can be proud of. 

Yesterday, we had a packed house at our annual breakfast, from U.S. Senator Cory Booker to Congressional candidate and those running county-wide. They all came together under my leadership to move Union County in the right direction. The hardest thing that I have to work through is periodically a handful of people will try to drown me in  negative comments. Recently, because of my success in Union County in representing the County of Union, I have chosen to ignore these outlandish and childish remarks that are not true. The most common remark being that I have done nothing for the City of Plainfield. Because of my efforts for the City of Plainfield within the last years, I was able to bring in 1.5 billions dollars to help our children of Plainfield. When it came to our train station, I was able to seek funds to bring both stations up to date and make them what I consider stations that we can be proud of. As a Freeholder, I was able to bring Union County College into Plainfield. Currently, I am working on securing 6 million to expand the colleges. So when people question what I have done, my question is what have they done? As Democratic Chairman, the biggest laugh I get, to me it’s a joke, that I do not support all the candidates on column A, when that is my job to do so. Even when some of them have chosen to be negative to the party and myself personally. 

As of today, it has been brought to my attention that I was ranked as one of the 50 most powerful elected officials of 2014. I take great honor of being part of that group. All these individuals that have taken part in trying to embarrass me & I did not even see their names on the lists. So again, I wanted to thank everyone in Plainfield who have been highly supportive of me. I want to go on record in saying that I am proud of the fact that I will continue to do what will be for the good for the County of Union and especially for the City of Plainfield. Unfortunately, I have 20 other owns who support me totally. So it is embarrassing to me and to the people of Union County, when a few people in this town will try everything in their power with their same negative remarks to destroy my reputation, when my reputation speaks for itself.  [http://politickernj.com/2014/10/politickernjs-50-most-powerful-elected-officials-2014/ ]