Thursday, June 9, 2011

Post Campaign Congrats & Thoughts

I apologize for being a day late in congratulating the winners and losers in this year’s campaign. As usual, some people can not bring themselves to accept defeat. I was shocked and surprised to read some of the comments that were said about Vera Greaves, who ran a clean, hard-fought campaign, knocking on just about every door in the 1st and 4th ward, a mother who has raised her children in the 4th ward, sent them off to college who became successful adults. I am proud of her as a person as well as a parent.

I as a person can accept negative campaign comments. With me, it comes with the territory. I am a strong believer of if a person comes at me, I am coming back at them, no matter the price I have to pay. Being a man, my father passed away when I was 4 years old, never had a male role model in my life, I had to fight for everything I accomplished. I will continue to fight, no matter what the battle is.

So I am sorry that some people could not bring themselves to congratulate her, but would rather make negative comments that her kids and grandkids had to read, comments I find distasteful.

I find it very offensive when some bloggers would allow distasteful comments with individuals disgracing people like Vera, but also embarrassing the City. Those are the ones that need to come out the closet. No matter how bad I feel about some of the things Cory and Dan Damon have said about me in the past, I find negative anonymous postings to be cowardly, and I show no respect to them. If you are man enough to print something, then you should be man enough to put your name to it.

So this whole campaign, as Cory went around embarrassing my family, I was man enough to express how I felt about him, and did not mind putting my name to it. So for him and the rest of some of his friends to look for pity, they will not get any from me.

In fact, I have no intentions of lightening up, I am just getting started. I read the flyer about Dan Damon, and I am surprised that he has not responded by saying yes or no. Dan, please tell us this is not true. I have not heard Cory respond either, so I guess it is ok for that sort of thing to go on, whether it is true or not.

I have not accused Dan of anything, nor have I commented publicly about this very embarrassing and humiliating issue, wherein he must go before a judge, because I believe everyone deserves their day in court.

And as a behind-the-scenes leader of the New Democrat Organization, they do not even deserve this sort of humiliation. So for the sake of the City and the New Democrats, I hope he is found innocent, and also learns a lesson from this situation.

Also, I read where Cory made the statement that I was the cause of Tony losing. I disagree because I received more votes in the 2nd ward than Tony did. Secondly, out of the New Democrats, through their emailing operation, for the amount of people they told not to vote for me, it was only in the 2nd ward and a few districts in the City, that the difference in support Linda Stender and Nick Scutari received and I received was 150 votes. So based upon the kind of campaign I ran, some of it was positive, and some was negative, but I am hoping in the future I can run positive campaigns discussing the issues facing the City. The biggest problem I have with Cory is that he tried to blame all of problems of the City on me. If I were him, I would choose another strategy because the numbers speak in support of me.

Also I would like to congratulate Jim Spears for running a clean campaign, and the results show. I am looking forward to working with him, and I also look forward to more people in the 2nd ward who are jumping ship from the New Democrats, because they recognize that the New Democratic Organization is a self-serving organization. So I am going to encourage more people, especially within the 2nd, 5th, 6th, 9th, and 10th districts of the 2 ward to do the same. If you are not comfortable with the Democratic Organization, do what Jim did; go out, show your independence, and be able to act like a true independent voter.

Thirdly, I feel that the campaign I ran was to support the local candidates as well as the Committee, and I am very proud of the results. I was able to accomplish what I set out to do.

God has blessed me with a good family that loves me, I am financially secure, and within 30 years I have accomplished that which I set out to do as a politician. I have never brought any embarrassment to the State or the District. And yes, for a man my age I am blessed with good health, even though my blood pressure can get up, I am only human (contrary to Dan Damon trying to paint me as a person with failing health).

At least Dan, I am smart enough to accept the fact that there comes a point in your life where you have to accept the fact that you have to show respect. To be accused of running around chasing young men Dan, I believe you are a little too old for that.

Ps

I am highly embarrassed by, as usual, some of the bloggers who allow anonymous people to attack individuals. Just like a few years back, when people brought to my attention that we needed to talk about Adrian’s public speaking. I disagreed then, and I disagree at present with how an anonymous blogger negatively spoke about Vera’s speech. This same individual probably has an education equivalent to a 2nd grader’s. When people are ignorant, they find any excuse to belittle another person.

No comments: