Tuesday, April 19, 2011

April 19, 2011

After reading Dan Damon’s blog today, I brought these issues pertaining to the petitions to the attention of the clerk, which is my job as Chairman, to go over every petition. I questioned some of the signatures on various petitions, which I have the right to do. I questioned whether various signatures were valid because there were different signatures for the same name on various petitions.

Since the clerk brought to my attention that that is the responsibility of the court, I have decided not to pursue this issue any longer. So this will not cost the taxpayers one dime. I think what I have accomplished has served its purpose; that anything the New Democrats and Council present to the City, I will challenge. The issue is a dead issue. I will leave it up to the voters in the June primary.

Also, I have Hispanic candidates on my petitions. So to try and say that I am against Hispanics is not true. Within the last month, I have met with over 150 Hispanics to discuss education and job opportunities, ways to help benefit their community.

I find it very amusing that Dan Damon, the New Democrats, and their newfound friends, the Tea Party, would complain about any response they receive from the public in a negative way when the picture on his blog refers to me as a pitbull. Dan even posted a comment by an anonymous writer was that of calling me a dog. So I am not going to turn Plainfield upside down like they did when something was said about their friends. This is because people have their rights, and understanding that within the political arena, people from the gutter will cross the line and I have to accept that.

However, I am a human being, not a dog. As an elected official, I have to accept the fact that there are people within this City that were born and raised in the gutter, have a gutter mindset and will make these sorts of attacks. But keep in mind, in life, there is a two-way street.

So again, it is obvious that Dan is trying to make this campaign all about me, which is not going to happen. For the past six months, I have been asking some very simple questions:

1. The real estate deal that dealt with Cory and his family (these are questions I am asking, not accusing, but I do have a right to ask questions). Since he has been elected, how many real estate deals has his family benefited from?
2. We have a vendor who has been owed over $40,000 from the past administration of which Cory was a councilman. What going on?
3. We have pipes that were ordered and hidden from the public by the past administration of which Cory was a part of. How much did they cost and how much of a loss did the City take?
4. Dan Damon worked in City Hall for $65,000/yr, and to this day, no one knows what he did on a daily basis.
5. Cory and the past administration had over 13 projects on the table, in which we spent thousands of dollars in fees, and I would like to know which projects materialized.

So these, along with others, are questions I will be asking in the next eight weeks. What has Cory Storch done for the City of Plainfield for the last eight years?

Oh yes, let’s not forget about the train that the City of Plainfield paid for to Washington, D.C. When the train arrived in Washington, the majority of them arrived drunk. How much did this train ride cost the taxpayers of Plainfield?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Assemblyman Green,

I am not a fan of yours. In fact, I believe that your approach to politics has truly hurt our city. That being said, please accept my apology on behalf of my fellow resident(s) for referring to you as a "dog". We can disagree on the issues, we cannot resort to the dehumanization of others.

Pat Fox said...

The reason there are concrete pipes left over from the North Ave. Industrial Road and Drainage Construction Project is when the contractor opened the road in certain areas they found utilities in the way. The pipes had been designed for a certain configuration but the presence of the utilties required another. Our engineers had designed the project using utility maps and chose to make this discovery during construction rather than digging test pits during the design phase to see if there were utility conflicts that needed to be addressed in the final design. As none of us were engineers we had to rely on the consulting engineers' strategies. Believe me we learned a lot about civil engineering from this project. Funds for the road project were from the Feds, State of NJ and UEZ. We tried to sell the pipes to other communities and reached out to many towns. Since they were customized to our design configurations they were difficult to market. The PMUA graciously allowed us to store them at the Transfer Yard while be tried to find buyers. I don't know if this effort continued after I left the city employment.