Friday, January 14, 2011

Is Chris Estevez Plainfield's Newest Tea Party Member?

Lately, I have made it a policy of mine not to respond to negative comments that are made about me personally because normally individuals that make these remarks are "has-beens" with no life. Today I would like to comment on some of the remarks that Dan Damon put up on his blog the other day.

First let me say that I am happy and proud that I am able to keep my commitment to the people in Plainfield to make sure that Plainfield will not continuously be a dumping ground for the homeless and low-income when other municipalities in surrounding communities have NO PLAN for housing in their towns to deal with this issue. Unfotunately our country and state is in such a crisis that every day another family becomes homeless and winds up in Plainfield.

For the record, our city services more of these families here in the western part of the county than any other. Therefore, I made it a point that in my bill every municipality will have to be responsible for putting together a plan that deals with helping EVERYONE regardless of if they are homeless or first-time homebuyers. I have made this commitment to Plainfield, Union county and the State of NJ. I am proud to say that no matter what the outcome of the affordable housing issue happens to be, I will not back away from what I feel is only fair.

The sad fact is that currently we have over 1200 homeless families in Union county, with 400 being children. This is not fair.

I am proud of the fact that every Democratic legislator in the Assembly Democratic caucus has given me their support, I further have the support of many major organizations on this bill. I have spent over a year discussing the affordable housing issue with all organizations involved in the housing industry. I have asked for their input and the feedback has been great.

Because of my experience in the City of Plainfield over the years, I have been able to experience first hand the manner in which other municipalities have walked away from their responsibilities. So again, I want to thank the people of Plainfield in the 22nd Legislative District that have believed in me and stuck with me in this particular issue. The fight has just started because in this day and age; in this country no family should be homeless and no child should have to worry about where they are going to get their next meal.

p.s. Dan I am sorry that you received false information regarding a statement that I made about the Hispanic community because I work very well with every Hispanic representative in both houses in the State of NJ.

Last week I was invited to attend a meeting with Senator Ron Rice here in Plainfield. During this meeting I discussed that I work well with Assemblywoman Nellie Pou when it comes down to issues with Hispanics and the Black community. Yet and still here in the city of Plainfield I have not been successful with working with Chris Estevez who represents himself as one of the Hispanic leaders in Plainfield. Mr. Estevez represents one of the Unions in the state of New Jersey and is supposedly a spokesman for the Hispanic community on the state level. Lately Chris Estevez has started to act and talk like a Tea Party member. Frankly, he and I have no type of relationship on anything. He has been very critical and narrow minded regarding any movement that I have made within the city. For him to tell Dan that I have a problem with the Hispanic community is not true. The correct statement is that I have a problem with Chris Estevez not the Hispanic community. It is obvious that I am not alone as the voters in the city of Plainfield have a problem with him as well, because anytime a “community leader” runs for office and out of 20,000 registered voters in the city of Plainfield this “leader” is barely capable of getting approximately 500 votes.... well you do the math. The math I have done shows that the people are not happy with his conduct as an elected official and he was not reelected. For this reason, I choose not to get caught up with him or his games. So for the record I spoke about him and not the Hispanic community.

Dan from now own pick up the phone before you print false information from someone else. I have no problem taking your call and I certainly have no problem telling you the truth about what I said.

No comments: