Monday, December 20, 2010

Committee Meeting Postponement

Good afternoon all.

Earlier today I received legal counsel regarding the Plainfield Democratic City Committee meeting planned for this evening. Unfortunately, tonight’s meeting must be postponed until further notice.

The counsel I was given alerted me to the fact that since Councilwoman Carter has not stepped down from the Council yet, we are unable to convene as a committee to select a replacement, even though Councilwoman Carter will be elevated to the Freeholder Board.

Upon Councilwoman Carter’s seat being officially vacated, the committee will then be allotted a certain amount of time to convene and select a replacement.

I will be sure to keep every committee member up to date regarding our next meeting date.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

No comments: