Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Affordable Housing / Local Campaigns / 22nd District

I want to bring the blogging community up to date regarding the campaign and the affordable housing issue, and activities within the 22nd District in general. As Chairman of Housing and Local Government, I am confident in working with the Assembly leadership and Senator Lesniak in finally constructing good policy, moving in a better direction in dealing with affordable housing here in the State of New Jersey.

I have already drafted and introduced a bill that moves the State in a new direction in terms of making sure that everyone is treated fair, and giving everyone the fair opportunity to live where they would like within the State.

I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has worked with me on this issue. What this legislation does is eliminate COAH, and brings clarity to new policies regarding the future of housing in the State.

This week was my second visit to the School District of Clark Township. I must say that Linda Stender and I were very pleased with the reception we received, and the fact that the elected officials made it very clear that they were very satisfied with the way we represent the Township of Clark.

The results show that the students in the school system are excelling and the town itself is recognized as one of the places to live in the State of New Jersey.

On the local beat dealing with the campaigns, I have spent a lot of time in Linden campaigning for the local officials. I have also spent time in Rahway and Scotch Plains because it is important that politics have a solid foundation on the local level. It is also very important to have a healthy working relationship with your local officials.

Locally in the City of Plainfield, I have put together the usual team of supporters that work with me regarding campaigns on all levels. I have met with Congressman Pallone, and it is important that we return him to Washington. I have met with the Freeholder candidates, and it is important to return our productive Freeholders with a new person, Linda Carter.

We have started our phone banks, making phone calls, identifying our supporters, and putting up signs throughout the City. So far, the results have been that the vast majority that we have contacted thus far will be supporting our team of Democrats.

We have a year-round headquarters on East 2nd Street, which unfortunately has had severe flooding issues. We have relocated to 19 Watchung Avenue. The three most important concerns that I have and support that I need are people knocking on doors, making phone calls, and helping on Election Day, get the vote out.

I have asked all Democrats to support ALL of the candidates on the Democratic line. So if there is anyone interested in working for or supporting the Regular Democratic Organization for the balance of the campaign, feel free to stop in to our Campaign Headquarters at 19 Watchung Avenue, or call Vera Greaves, who is organizing this year’s campaign, (908) 672-8701.

Ps
If anyone would like to help with any of the campaigns in the 22nd District, please call or stop by the headquarters.

No comments: