Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Blueprint of Clark Township's Educational Success

I would like to thank Mr. Kenneth Knops, Clark Superintendent of Schools, for inviting me this morning to be a keynote speaker in their Welcome Back Staff Meeting, for the Clark Public School District. I was very pleased in listening to his presentation, which laid out his goal and objectives for this upcoming school year.

With all of the problems we are having in Trenton, it seems like under his leadership, staff, and Clark in general, are well prepared for their students to receive a good education. We all realize that each municipality is dealing with budget problems, but listening to Mr. Knops comments today, their Mayor, Council, BOE and parents have come together to make sure that the children in Clark will continuously receive a good education.

During the presentation, Mr. Knops cited the Township of Clark being designated #10 in the list of Business Week’s “Best Affordable Suburbs in America” and #24 in New Jersey Monthly Magazine’s “Best Places to Live in New Jersey.”

To hear those remarks about Clark, it was very refreshing. I am looking forward to the commitment that I have made to the Township of Clark, that until we work out the crisis we are having in Trenton, I will continue to have a good relationship with the Township, in terms of sharing information and listening to their concerns referencing education in Clark.

I was very pleased by the fact of how well the superintendent and his staff have organized this year’s scheduling of how they are going to be able to move Clark in the right direction when it comes to educational issues. It is clear that they have a plan in place, which is very important.

So again, I want to thank all the members of the Clark educational system for the way I was treated, and for the respect, they gave me this morning. It is encouraging when people realize your commitment to serving them as their representative in Trenton on all issues, and you are able to come back home and have the community give you the support you need; being a good listener with a sincere commitment to their concerns allows this to happen. Just as I said in today’s meeting, I want to continue to have a healthy, informational relationship with Clark as I continue to represent them and their needs in Trenton.

No comments: