Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Letter From Plainfield Public Library

Dear Assemblyman Green,

I have just received the Joint Resolution of the New Jersey Legislature recognizing my recent award as New Jersey's 2010 Librarian of the Year, and I want to thank you for initiating this honor. I was overwhelmed to receive this special resolution signed by you, Assemblywoman Stender and Senator Scaturi.

AS NJ Librarian of the Year I am proud to represent Plainfield and Union County at the forefront of public library service. As Director of the Plainfield Public Library, I must express gratitude for the support our library has received from you and many Plainfield officials over the years. As the public has become aware of cutbacks in governmental services, our citizens have been vocal about the importance that the public library plays in their lives.

I look forward to your continuing support, not just for the Plainfield Public Library, but for public libraries across the state, all of whom are doing so much for their communities in so many ways. For the sake of our citizens for whom libraries are their lifeblood, please do all that you can to help them survive.

Thank you again for this great honor.

Sincerely yours,

Joseph H. Da Rold

No comments: