Friday, June 18, 2010

Questions for Councilman Storch

Yesterday I had a hearing dealing with affordable housing within the State of New Jersey. It is clear that COAH has been a failure. With that, I am looking forward to working with the groups that came forth and testified on this issue.

Yesterday I received information regarding Councilman Cory Storch, and I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt by responding to these concerns. The concerns are as follows:

1. Councilman Storch supported the 30 tax-abatement for Teppers as did other New Democrats.

2. Mr. Storch’s family benefited when the YMCA sold the mansion on Franklin Place. Mr. Storch’s daughter was on the Board of Directors. His wife was the realtor who made a large commission on that sale. That entire time the Franklin property did not pay property taxes, even though it should have since it was not being used for non-profit use.

Councilman Storch, is this information true? The public and I are waiting for an answer.

I would like to wish every father a Happy Father’s Day this Sunday.

No comments: