Wednesday, June 30, 2010

June 30th Potpourri Continued

I read today’s blog by Dan Damon and I hope in the future that he refrains from putting me in the position of debating an issue that involves the late mayor Al McWilliams. I do not think it is fair for his family nor to the City of Plainfield.

I have always mentioned the past administration, without mentioning the name of Al McWilliams. The administration is comprised of many more than just a mayor.

To put me in a position of saying I am being critical of the late mayor is distasteful and I will not feed into it.

Just as you thought it was a joke when my home and family got disrespected a few weeks ago, I will not debate an issue without that person being able to be here to defend themselves.

Now the Teppers site, which I was against because I thought we could do something else, but once the past administration agreed that was the way they wanted to go and voted that way, as an elected official I gave it my support.

This situation is no different from when I did not support Chris Christie’s budget, and I spoke out against it. He however got the budget passed. Now I will work with him for what is best for the residents of New Jersey.

That is the difference between Plainfield politics and New Jersey politics statewide. When you are outvoted on an issue, you do not take it personal nor do you stand in the way of making sure that you support the issue because it is clear that the majority who do support it, want to give it a chance.

Moving forward, there will be many issues I will speak out against, however if the majority votes in favor of the issue I oppose, I will not stand in the way of giving it a chance.

Ps

Doc before you go on a 3-day vacation with the family, I would like to correct you on your latest blog.

The eight Democratic Assembly members and four Senators that voted for the budget was part of an agreement with the Governor’s Office so that we would not have to shut down State government. Secondly, this is Gov. Christie’s budget with no support from the Democratic Assembly or Senate. This budget passing was done strictly to avoid state shutdown.

We made it very clear that this is Christie’s budget and the Republican legislators’ budget.

I made it very clear from day one that I would not be part of the strategy nor would I support the budget, especially when 16,000 millionaires did not get hurt from the budget, while 8 million residents will feel the brunt of this budget.

Now that the budget has passed, I look forward to working with the Governor to deal with the crisis that will be faced here by the people of New Jersey.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.