Tuesday, June 22, 2010

June 22, 2010

I want to thank my supporters in the City of Plainfield for their support and guidance in the past and currently, for I have been able to take on a responsibility that will deal directly with the future of housing in the State of New Jersey. I am proud to live here in this City and I and proud to represent the entire 22nd Legislative District in Trenton.

The editorials and support I have received from individuals and groups within the housing industry is the reason why I continuously work for good government. As this issue begins to come together, I will try to make sure that I keep my supporters in the loop.

Unfortunately, not everyone sees the future of housing in the State of New Jersey as I do. Unfortunately, I live in a community where some people spend more time being negative than being positive.

Just this last week I asked Councilman Storch to respond to some accusations that were made towards he and his family. He has yet to give me an answer, but when on to what for him is ‘business as usual’, posturing as if I were attacking him. I will ask Councilman Storch to simply answer my questions:

1. Did Councilman Storch support the 30 tax-abatement for Teppers, as did other New Democrats?
2. Mr. Storch’s family benefited when the YMCA sold the mansion on Franklin Place. Mr. Storch’s daughter was on the Board of Directors. His wife was the realtor who made a large commission on that sale. That entire time the Franklin property did not pay property taxes, even though it should have since it was not being used for non-profit use. Is this true?

Also, Councilman Storch mentions that I offered him my support and the Democratic Party line next June primary. This is NOT TRUE. I simply asked him if he was running for re-election. I made it clear to him that I will not make that commitment to ANY potential candidate in the future until they make it clear to me that they have gained the respect and support of the voters in Plainfield. I made a mistake four years ago in making a commitment to Cory, and here we are four years later not seeing any fruit of Mr. Storch’s labor. I will not offer that sort of blind support again.

Mr. Storch went on in detail in his blog in confusing banter, for I made it clear that individuals with special needs do indeed need housing, but Plainfield does not need to the only City that houses such individuals. The Councilman gets two bites from the apple: one due to the fact that this is his job, and secondly, by placing making such housing available in Plainfield, these units are now owned by non-profit agencies, thus removing the units from the City’s tax rolls.

In closing, Cory Storch accuses me of being unethical and throwing out misleading information as I deal with the housing crisis that faces New Jersey. You make the choice; do you believe in the editorials statewide on my handling the COAH issues, or Councilman Cory Storch, who has done nothing as an elected official?


Ps

Yesterday, my bill, A-444 passed out of the Assembly 80-0, which means EVERY member of the New Jersey General Assembly voted in support of my bill. This bill disqualifies member of board of education for conviction of certain crimes and requires member to undergo criminal history background investigation. This is an issue Mr. Storch has been very critical of me.

No comments: