Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Less than a week and still no answers

We have less than a week to go before the election and it’s obvious my opponent would rather try to make people in the 22nd District think that I’ve done something wrong than talk about issues. Almost his entire campaign has been focused on attacking me personally and making accusations regarding my business background. I feel some of his remarks have crossed the line. I have a wife, I have children, and a reputation in the community. I don’t feel like I should have to answer personal attacks from someone who just moved here from Texas.

My opponent continuously talks about a piece of property in the City of Linden which I legally purchased over 40 years ago. I was trained early in my career on how to make good investments. Over a 25 year period I have been able to buy and sell property and make a good living. I’ve done business with banks and companies of good reputations in my community. There is no problem with my record as businessman. So when he speaks of Jerry “What’s in it for me”, I am offended. I have donated to the community more than I have received out of politics. Bo accused me of benefitting financially from Solaris and the Muhlenberg closing. Yet he cannot provide one shred of proof. He just writes more lies and distractions.

The millions of dollars that I have brought to just Plainfield, one of the cities I represent, to help educate our children, should tell you where my priorities are. These are the same dollars that Bo and Christie want to take away, which should tell you where their priorities are. When the library needed help, I was there for them. When our seniors needed help, I was there for them. When Union County College was in trouble, I was there for them. Bo, I’ve been in politics for 25 years and I have been a resident of Plainfield, and I have given back. You have yet to tell me what you have done and what you’ve given back.

My opponent would rather talk about this than the issues or what he has done to make a living. The only thing he speaks of is being a financial advisor. Did he advise Bush on how to destroy this country? How many of his clients did he give bad advice to? In fact, who is Bo? What does he stand for? What has he done? He’ll never answer these questions. Bo, if you don’t have information to share with the public then you shouldn’t make accusations that you know are not true. I could spend my time asking my opponent questions that don’t matter, but I choose not too. This election must be about the issues. It’s what the voters of the district deserve.

No comments: