Monday, September 28, 2009

Speaking the REAL Truth

In reading Bo Vastine’s blog over the weekend, I was shocked at some of the comments in terms of questioning my ability to tell the truth. I would like to set the record straight because it is obvious that Bo is not prepared to talk about the issues, but rather play the “Bush Politics” game of trying to destroy a person’s reputation by turning the truth into a lie.

What really shocked me was when a merchant came before the City Council and incorrectly voiced his concerns about the festival held downtown. Let me be clear, when the merchant first asked me about the festival his statement was “I would have liked to put up a popcorn stand at one of the tables in the festival”. At that point, I explained to him that everyone had a role to play in putting this festival together and my role was to help them work through any problems that they may have encountered. I was an advisor to the group as well as a supporter of the group. I continued to explain to the gentleman that I was not involved in the vendor selection process for the event. Moreover, since they had already made plans I could not interfere with that part of the operation. Council President Burney and I met with him this past Sunday and he apologized for the mistake that he made. The good news is, due the huge success of this event I am confident they will include other vendors next year.

I do not think that the sponsors of the event would have allowed me to speak for two days in a row if I had no idea about the event. I was able to speak about how proud I was of the businesses that they have established in the city, the investments that they have made in the city, and how well their children are doing in preschool. So, I think Bo hurt himself more than helped himself in trying to turn a successful weekend into something negative.

Recently we took a poll, and it was not a push poll, showing that the Democrats were winning in the district 44% to 25%. Bo came in DEAD last in the polls. He still has not told anyone what he has accomplished politically, hence no one knew him and no one knew what he stood for. The only thing he talked about was being a financial advisor.

I hope that in moving forward Bo will spend more time talking about the issues that are facing the people in the 22nd District. He knows nothing about the housing issues, health issues, job issues, or tax issues facing the State of NJ. Bo just runs around Plainfield trying to get anything negative in hopes that this will help him get elected.

No comments: