Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Clarity on Maria's Posting re Community Advisory Group

I had an opportunity to read Maria’s blog today. Normally, if I read something true and accurate on her blog, I support it. But her latest post regarding the Community Advisory Committee, dealing with where some of the information came from, is very misleading.

For one, Mayor Robinson-Briggs and I have brought together the initial taskforce that I assembled last year, and her taskforce, as well as Solaris and the State having a representative on the task force. Since this is a taskforce that the mayor and I are co-chairing due to the involvement of surrounding communities, two members from surrounding hospitals, and a member from the State Health Department that I felt was vital to our need, were added to the taskforce.

Therefore, the initial task forces have been consolidated and combined, and since I sit as co-chairperson, I felt I should share this information. So to make that statement that this should have come from the Mayor, I needed to address why this came from me and not the Mayor’s office. There are other issues pertaining to the City that the Mayor and Council President will be happy to address.

As far as my son is concerned, the reason why he is on the committee as an alternate is because he heads the Emergency Management Department in Plainfield. It is a volunteer position, which calls for him to assume first-call response for any major crisis in the community. So as an alternate, his sole responsibility is to give us any information that we may need to help Plainfield in case of a crisis.

No comments: