Monday, June 1, 2009

Progression for Plainfield, Vote Column B

I hope that on Election Day tomorrow, people will get out to vote and support whomever they believe will be able to lead the City of Plainfield in the right direction, as well as the 22nd Legislative District. I believe I have not only gained the respect of the voters here in the City, but also statewide. As Speaker Pro Tempore, I have been earned the respect of those in the Governor’s Office, as well as both Houses of the Legislature.

Long before the campaign began, when the issue of how we would deliver health services in our community arose, I made sure to take the necessary steps to ensure progress. Former President George W. Bush and the New Democrats have ignored this issue in the past. When President Obama begins to address this issue, since it is a national phenomenon, this medical community will be in a position to re-open Muhlenberg and control the entire campus. This is something that the New Democrats closed their eyes to when their friends on the Muhlenberg Board of Trustees approved closing our hospital.

So when I read a blog today and hear people cite “failed leadership,” it makes no sense. Nobody has criticized the job I have done as a Legislator in Trenton dealing with health, education, crime, and housing issues. When I look at my opponent’s record, I am not being critical when I ask if he goes to Trenton, would he be able to accomplish those things I have been able to accomplish. It takes time to build healthy working relationships. I have a record, which he lacks. Before I ran for Assembly, I worked for the NJ State Senate as a staff member--I actually showed up and I worked—so that when I had the opportunity to run for the General Assembly, I understood the responsibilities of a State Legislator. Since Rick was voted out of office as a BOE member, what makes his supporters think that if elected to the Assembly, he will be able to do a better job?

Many of the people that question my leadership are simply haters who have no record of achievement in Plainfield or the surrounding area. These are the same individuals who criticized me for supporting the new funding formula for New Jersey school districts, a formula that benefits Plainfield incredibly and that the State Supreme Court has upheld.

Ps

I am well aware that in recent years the Mayor has used funds to help needy families, and has not turned her back on members of our community in need. I am sure that if there was anything illegal in her actions, the ‘haters’ would bring it to the public. The Mayor’s literature has been better, and certainly more positive, than that of the New Democrats; and her television commercials, regarding time slots and varied stations outshone her opponents as well. The reason why I had no problem issuing a loan to her campaign was to defeat any talks receiving money from the County, an accusation of the past.

She ran a good, clean campaign without negativity and lying, unlike Adrian Mapp. I am hoping the New Democrats realize that the few ‘haters’ are costing them respect. Their reputations are being flushed down the toilet each time these few ‘haters’ speak.

Also, I have been challenged in primaries. When I represented the 17th Legislative District, I was challenged a few times in the primary. Again, ‘haters’, get your facts straight.

No comments: