Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Congratulations Column B!!!!

I thank the voters here in the City of Plainfield, as well as the entire 22nd District, and the County of Union for their support. Everyone recognized the fact that when there is not a Governor’s race at the top of the ticket, it will be a relatively low turnout. I am still satisfied however, with the support I received.

I campaigned with the Mayor, and we ran together as a team. We were very successful as a team; we won our respective elections. We both received around 2,000 votes; we both distanced ourselves from our opponents by over 300 votes. Considering the turnout, I am satisfied with the results and it is nice to see the balance of the district supported me.

Running as a team here in the City has its good points, as well as its bad ones. I was blamed for not doing anything to prevent Muhlenberg’s closure, was blamed for ‘out-of-control’ crime, and was blamed for mismanagement in the City. The nice thing about it however, is that everyone else in the 22nd district and the County of Union, knew these accusations were stemming from ‘haters,’ a word I will continue to use in the future.

I do not intend to change my style. The phrase, “If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen,” is one I coin solely for those who author false accusations that the voters obviously do not buy into. I thank those who introduced me to the blogging community because I am having the most fun I have had in my political career thus far. Blasting truth from my blog, defeating misinformation and silliness, has made my day!

I am hoping that with another victorious election, those who constantly question my grammar give me the respect I feel I deserve. I would like to hope that in the future, they can call me a leader, rather than use the word ‘boss.’ Being called a boss reminds me of the old days when slave masters were identified as such. Therefore, when people say this, I take it as disrespect. Also, when I am truthful with issues, some in Plainfield label that as an ‘attack.’ Hearing that word reminds me of the 60s when law enforcement used dogs to attack people. Therein, I have a problem with that word being used in my regard.

When I looked at the voting results in the City of Linden, Linda Stender received 879 votes; I received 874 votes, with Rick Smiley receiving 180 votes. These results illustrate the respect I receive in Linden, bringing in more votes than Corzine in that City with him receiving 819 votes. Countywide, Corzine, running for Governor on the same ticket, received 12,551 votes, where I received 11,317 as a State Committeeman. Therefore, over the years, I feel that the leadership that some question in Plainfield is not only alive, but is getting stronger.

In addition, I read in today’s blog that one of my ‘haters’ mentioned Rick Smiley gave me a run for my money. In the 22nd district, I received 4,166 votes, with Rick receiving 2,024 votes. You do the math and tell me how close that margin is!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulation on the election Mr. Green. Though I did not vote for you or Mayor Briggs, casting blame on you for the last 4 years and subsequent events would be innappropriate and wasted energy. I would prefer to support you and the mayor over your next term. I do so with a couple of things in mind. First, it would be innaccurate to blame you for Muhlenbergs closing. Muhlenberg is a failed business that was bleeding money. Not once have I heard anyone in Plainfield ask the question, "What can we do to help make Muhlenberg a profitable business? For those that think that hospitals are there to lose money and that medicine should be socialized need to take a good hard look at medicine in Europe and Canada. Secondly, I have only been in Plainfield since December of 2007 so I will reserve judgement. Park Ave and Watchung are beyond unacceptable. You cannot create business and a tax base if know one is willing to drive down the two main roads in Plainfield. I for the life of me do not understand why this was not addressed during Mayor Briggs first term. I wish you both the best.