Thursday, January 29, 2009

Staying on Pace With Our President and His Goal of Relief

I would like to congratulate President Barack Obama in moving our country in the right direction in dealing with the financial crisis that we are experiencing in this country. As part of leadership here in the State of New Jersey, I have been allowed opportunities to first-hand, deal with the governor’s office on what impact the federal stimulus package will have on the State of New Jersey. I find it very surprising when no one at this particular time has been told, including Governor Corzine, exactly how these funds can be used, and what they can be used for. So when I read people guessing about what the plan happens to be, it is very misleading to the public.

So I would like to reassure the people that I represent in the 22nd District that I will make sure, to the BEST of my ability, that these funds are used in a way that will help everyone, with the taxpayers being our number one priority. I have been in constant communication with the mayors in my district regarding the Pension Deferral Plan, as well as the county of Union, hoping to ensure that whatever is being done is beneficial to the communities that I represent. Regarding this issue I again have stayed abreast and informative with the municipalities in my district, openly soliciting advice and encouragement. There are avenues that allow communities to use some of their pension funds in aiding their local budget because it will be reimbursed in the long run. I appreciate the Governor’s efforts in this delicate matter, not forcing hands in how to bring solutions to the table.

Therefore I do not want anyone to be misled by misinformation from those who have NO CLUE as to what is going on; because at the present time, the communication that the federal government has had with the State of New Jersey is that there will be guidelines to the usage and functions of this funding.

I want to at this time congratulate the mayor and council president who have been in constant touch with my office regarding this issue, and I am confident that they will continue to make the right decisions in the planning and execution of this funding. Unfortunately, some towns in New Jersey do not have the ability to have someone work diligently with them on a daily basis, or do not have the working relationship that I have with the Mayor and Council President of Plainfield.

With that said, if anyone feels that the City of Plainfield is not on top of this issue, then it is them, not the City, who is in the dark, because the City of Plainfield has been on top of this issue since day one.

Ps. We are going to separate third-hand information, which is heavily present in a particular blog, from that of actual, factual, truthful information. A blog reads today that ‘towns may receive funding…etc’ Operating on the principle of may, maybe, or might is not one that our President Barack Obama operates on or in. In dealing with this funding issue, the President CLEARLY stated that those states that have immediate need for such funding WILL receive it. That sounds a lot different from what a blogger wrote when he said that towns may receive funding.

I do have one answer to blatant lies that Dan Damon preaches. Yes Plainfield is aboard; when it comes to educational dollars, tax relief, and figuring out if any of these dollars can be used to re-open Muhlenberg. The voices of Plainfield and the 22nd District are heard loud and clear throughout the State of New Jersey when standing up for such initiatives. I find Dan Damon’s remarks to be embarrassing and misleading. Maybe Dan is operating in such a fashion because none of the Republicans have been sitting in on these meetings, which is why he has not been able to get a taste of the truth.

No comments: