Thursday, September 25, 2008

Simple Arithmetic

Community is such a powerful word, but sometimes, because we use it so much, the meaning gets lost in translation. When I use the word community, I am addressing those who partake in, some time or another, the same environment I do. In order for the TRANSACTION of community to be accomplished, there are certain elements of life that are needed. A few of these necessities are unity, respect, trust, TRUTH, and communication.

Amid our rapidly growing community, however, certain people tend to lose sight of this example of community, for whatever reasons. These people, if I might add, fail to realize that issues discussed regarding Civil Service and Union employees falls under the commitment and responsibility of the Chairman of the State Committee of Local Government. In this state, I am the Chairman of the State Committee of Local Government, wherein these responsibilities are incumbent upon me for resolution. As Chair, grievances are voiced, heard, and then ACTED on. A Chair who fails to take action for the community or state, thus fails that community and state. In holding this position, I deal with these sorts of issues resonating from within the municipalities around the state of New Jersey that fall under my jurisdiction. In other words, if a problem, such as a defected city inspector, arises in a municipality that I am responsible for, then it is my duty to mount an offense to rectify the situation. Last election made it clear to me that the vast majority of the voters are in AGREEMENT with me. Of the 48,000 residents in the city of Plainfield, 18,000 of them are eligible to vote. Of that number, only FIVE HUNDRED voted against me. So what does that say about how the community feels about my leadership proficiency? You do the math.

This blog coherently expresses FACT… TRUTH… and the conveyance of these shared facts is the evidence that is accessible to our community upon any citizen’s request. My ultimate aim is to give you the public, truth in every matter to which I am exposed. That is a primary responsibility that I cherish greatly and fulfill in every aspect of my job. If by chance, ANY of my information is wrong, prove it wrong. Prove it not to spite me, but prove it so that I can dictate a more truthful, accurate message, for I am an elected official, put into office by the communities I represent.

This administration tends to take fire from opposing camps because we exhaustively connect the dots so that a clear-cut, honest message can be delivered to our communities. That same handful of people, those who care to spend time trying to set traps for me, instead fall victim to their own devices because in their spite, they have become weary in well-doing. It pleases me immensely to have reporters writing positive articles and editorials regarding my leadership around the state in dealing with housing, healthcare, and crime. The negative tones, coupled with fabricated falsehoods, by previous writers would leave sours tastes in reader’s mouths, lowering the views of our communities. Nevertheless, it suffices to say that none of our labor has been in vain. For, the positive write-ups in our newspapers just this week are evidence of renovation; and the award I received from the central Jersey Bar Association today, honoring our efforts within our state and local government, can attest to the skillful labor we have endured.

The behavior of the handful of naysayers is reminiscent to me of those in north Jersey that made the newspapers yesterday soliciting closed-minded, baseless comments about Barack Obama. Therefore, it is time for every duck to fall in line with the premise of order. To those naysayers let me say this; either you can embrace the truth and govern accordingly, or you can continue to lay with the Bush/McCain ideology based on false messages and fabrications. Those who decide to continue to lobby in the latter choice, good luck! That way of thinking is the VERY reason why it is of dire importance to bring about truth and share it with our community. I recognize that 1,700 voters were being misled by that fabricated information for the last 8 years. Moreover, anyone who has the ability to see can open their eyes and note how that 1,700 voting base has been shrinking over the years. It has been shrinking because that side does not bring ANY solutions to the table concerning issues that affect us contemporarily.

So then, I am aware of who reads my blogs, and of the faction of the 1,700 who leave frustrated comments. I cannot blame them, for they are frustrated with the actions of their party for the last 8 years. The last mayoral election yielded an all-time voting high of 2,300 “New” Democrat voters. This year, WE have reached, with positive information and direction, 1,800 of those voters. With that, roughly 500 of those were left. This year alone, we have successfully registered over 5,000 new voters. You do the math!

No comments: