Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Critical Issues within the Western part of the 22nd District

Tonight I will be meeting with the Chief of Police and elected officials in Dunellen to give them my support in dealing with the string of burglaries and attempted burglaries and rash of vandalism to cars that have been reported in the Boro. I will be listening to their concerns and offering any support I can give on the State or County level. Also, I will be calling for a meeting in the near future to deal with these issues. The towns I will be inviting to that meeting are from the Western part of my District. They are Dunellen, Middlesex Boro, Greenbrook, North Plainfield, Fanwood, Scotch Plains and Plainfield. It is important that we work together as one unit as each of these towns is within 10 minutes of each other. It is important that we set-up a strategy so that we can not only share information but also talk about using manpower to deal with these issues. Each of these Municipalities should show the same concern because these issues could occur in each of these towns.

Working with Law Enforcement on a State and County level it is important that we take advantage of whatever resources they can give toward making the quality of life that the people in the Western part of my District can feel safe in their neighborhoods.

If you have any information that would help for this group feel free to contact my office.

No comments: