Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Welcome to Jerry Green's Page!

Welcome! And thank you for checking out Jerry Green’s Page, a blog detailing my (Assemblyman Jerry Green) own views and decisions as well as a forum for discussion about the progress we are making and our strategies for achieving even greater success!

I hope everyone out there has been having a great summer despite the economic hardships facing many right now. Even in the midst of this vacation season, I thought it was important to bring to the people a better source of information about what’s happening around them in terms of the efforts I am making everyday to ensure progress and protect our future.

I admit that I have been hesitant to get into the blog game. Although I read many blogs everyday because they offer local news coverage and commentary, I felt that too many of them had a tabloid quality about them that made me think blogs wouldn’t be taken seriously as real news. But, this is a new age and what people read on blogs they often trust as fact, especially when they don’t have a chance to read differing viewpoints on the same subject. So I’m adding my name to the list of bloggers in the hopes of putting out a different kind of blog: a blog about solutions, rather than just problems.

What you can expect in terms of content:
-Explanations of solutions that I am putting on the table for the reader to evaluate themselves, including background information on the topic so that readers can evaluate for themselves the decisions that are being offered.
-Responses to postings written on other blogs of note, as well as responses to readers’ questions, so that we can foster a better dialogue about the problems we face and work together to find the best solutions.
-Success stories highlighting the positive changes that are happening everyday that often go unnoticed by the general media.

What I need from my readers:
-An open mind: too often we approach the problems we are all facing together with an “us versus them” mentality. Just because a solution is offered by someone on “the other side” doesn’t automatically make it bad. We are on dangerous ground if we dismiss something out of hand simply because we have a problem with who thought of it or who will get credit for it. Let’s make this a place to consider what’s going on without a lot of finger pointing.
-Your input: do you know of something going on that should be mentioned here? Do you feel like you just need to get your thoughts out about a certain issue? You can leave your comments here and either I or my staff will read them. Even if we don’t get back to every comment, please know that we are reading your comments and will make every effort to in some way address your happenings or concerns.

Later this week, check out "The Obama Campaign and Us: What we are doing and how you can get involved!"

No comments: